CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Team Brennan Against Childhood Cancer

The first little person to steal my heart and own every inch of it was my son. Then came my daughter, and although it’s hard to imagine being able to share that immense love you feel for your first born with another little person, it is totally possible. That little girl didn’t take away from the love I feel for my son, she didn’t even squeeze herself into my already occupied heart. She instead, managed to make my heart grow enough to make room for her.

Meet Brennan




How many times have you come across a post on facebook that came from a friend of a friend’s mother’s sister’s daughter and your first thought is "poor baby" or "I guess my life could be worse" or a thought to that affect, but never gave it a second thought? You keep surfing your facebook like you would any other day. This has happened to me before, until just the other day. I came across a post from a friend about a family she knows. This family has a 23 month old baby boy, Brennan, who at the tender age of 10 months old was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma. I guess it hit real close to home because my little girl is 22 months old, and my son was once also a baby. Imagine, 10 months old, haven’t even began living the life of a healthy toddler and you’re already faced with having to fight for your life. Life is not fare at all! I won’t get into the whole story here for the simple fact that it would take forever to break it down the way it’s already been broken down on Brennan’s site. But, I do urge you to read the entire site. This little man has, like my daughter, managed to make my already occupied heart grown a few extra inches in the love department; and I’ve never met him and am sure I never will.


Please, please, please, take a few moments out of your busy schedule and let this sweet little boy steal your heart too.



Since his diagnosis, Brennan did well for about ten months but was recently diagnosed with another form of cancer, high grade undifferentiated sarcoma. He is now fighting two forms of very aggressive cancers. Cindy and Blake, Brennan’s mom and dad, were given news that no parent should ever have to hear. Their precious, sweet, baby boy, has no other options. There is nothing more that the doctors can do for Brennan. In fact, continuing chemo is a sure death sentence for baby Brennan. He is now home on hospice and his mommy and daddy are struggling to pay their every bill because the only thing that matters right now is that they spend every last minute possible by their son. This leaves them with very little income if any so I beg of you to please make a donation to their family at this very sad time for them. Any little bit helps.

Here are some links to visit:
Team Brennan



Brennan’s Caringbridge Site:



Brennan's Facebook Site:




For donations go here mccowen.net and use the paypal account they have set up. Remember, every little bit helps. And I promise he will steal your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment